Why THIS Blog

This Blog is designed to be a virtual retreat with daily reflections geared toward the public as well as specifically for the community of women at Church of Mary Magdalene / Mary's Place for homeless women. It is a site that pulls from the words of the women themselves on what they would like in a retreat if they could go somewhere else for a time. In this retreat we will do some globe trotting, based solely on my own travels as a spiritual director who enjoys volunteering for Mary's. All are welcome on our journey, in this era of financial woes there are many who need retreat and are unable to afford to travel. I hope this proves to be one more source of unending gift of spiritual retreat for renewal of life: mind-body-spirit!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quick Update - Two weeks Speaking, Two weeks Silent


It has been two weeks since I last wrote, and two weeks since I actually started speaking Italian in public. It has been a great time of reflection and living in the moment, something that was my goal for this Sabbatical time. Much has come from this gift of time God has given me to be in rest and prayer. The greatest reflection is that I am definately coming back, I have my return ticket. The second reflection is that I will be returning to the faith of my family, of my ancestors and will be converting to Catholicism here in Italy upon my return in July. The cultural difference between Piegaro, which is a unique village in Italy, and the United States is vast and what my heart yearned for for Sabbatical, but also for life and living.

In the past few days as I prepare to return to Seattle my friends here have noted that I look tired, which is very true, the thought of returning to what was my life in the states is tiring for me. I am so excited to see my kids, whom I miss terribly, but I can say the most alive I have felt in years was in having Katy with me here and in sharing my friends and life with them via Skype. To introduce my precious children to my new community has been the greatest gift. The combining of my greatest loves.

It is a life of promise, hope and miracles for me. Do I know what is going to happen tomorrow or the next day, NO...do I have romanticized ideas, NO....heck I don't even have romance, but instead there is a love of God and place that is always feeding my soul here. Thus, there is promise, hope and miracles do happen.

It will be good to be mama for my baby boy as he celebrates graduation and faces surgery in the coming weeks, to be with my daughter again is always a gift: I will always belong to my children.

Life is new for me here, a resurrection of faith and hope. God is Good Everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment