Why THIS Blog

This Blog is designed to be a virtual retreat with daily reflections geared toward the public as well as specifically for the community of women at Church of Mary Magdalene / Mary's Place for homeless women. It is a site that pulls from the words of the women themselves on what they would like in a retreat if they could go somewhere else for a time. In this retreat we will do some globe trotting, based solely on my own travels as a spiritual director who enjoys volunteering for Mary's. All are welcome on our journey, in this era of financial woes there are many who need retreat and are unable to afford to travel. I hope this proves to be one more source of unending gift of spiritual retreat for renewal of life: mind-body-spirit!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a tiny taste of Holy Week, with much more to come....

I cannot even begin to say how much this Holy Week has meant to me. It was not as I expected, which it never should be. For this week from the entrance of Jesus into Jerusalem to death on a cross and ressurection was not what any person could imagine. My week featured a few glorious surprises, a few troublesome moments, and amazing grace abounding. From Palm Sunday until Maundy Thursday my dear, dear friend Maria had the flowers I brought last year for my mother in front of Jesus. Without words to explain the troubled and tortured life of my mother, Maria knew within her spirit what a symbol this was, God is so Good and works within the hearts of those who listen closely.
Over the next week I will write many stories, going into some specific details of a week that kept me too busy to write as I lived into the experience of Holy Week here in Italy. One of the most important experiences I feel in life is to see how God informs all we do, in Holy week this seems lived out larger than normal, just as the week was larger than normal even for Jesus.

What was your experience of Holy Week or even one day, a day of Palms, Passion, or Easter?
How do you define life, celebration, feast, death and resurection?
How do you share the grace of eternal life with others, while celebrating within yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment